Milk is a very healthy product. And if you drink it correctly, you can not only improve your health, but also put your figure in order.
Will milk help you lose weight?
Does milk really help you lose weight? Yes, this is true, and there are several reasons for this. Firstly, this product contains protein, which has a beneficial effect on the body. It is essential for the formation of muscle tissue and the formation of new cells. Secondly, there is a lot of calcium in the composition, and it is a fundamental component of metabolism. If there is a deficiency of it, then an increased synthesis of calcitriol will begin, and this hormone slows down the consumption of body fat. And thirdly, milk is a fairly satisfying product, thanks to which you will not feel hunger during a diet.
What kind of milk to drink?
Which milk is healthier and will help you lose weight? When choosing, several criteria are taken into account:
- Origin. The usual cow’s milk is more accessible, but goat’s milk is no less useful, and is also easier and faster to digest.
- Treatment. Of course, fresh milk is very useful, but not everyone has the opportunity to purchase it regularly, and no one will guarantee the perfect health of the cow. In stores, you can find pasteurized, sterilized and ultra-pasteurized milk. Pasteurized is considered more useful, since it contains more useful substances, but it is not stored for long.
- Fat content. It is believed that when losing weight, you can only drink skim milk. But in fact, the fat content should be medium, since some vitamins and nutrients are stored and absorbed only with fats. The best option is 1.5-2.5%.
How to use?
How to drink milk for weight loss? To keep in shape, it is enough just to consume at least one glass of this product daily and adhere to the principles of proper nutrition. And if you want to lose weight, try one of the popular dairy diets.
Tough mono diet
The idea behind this diet is to drink one glass of milk every two hours on the first day. On the second day, the interval is reduced to one and a half hours. On the third day, drink a glass of milk every hour. And from the fourth day to the seventh inclusive, you should drink 250 ml of milk every half hour.
You need to get out of such a strict diet gradually. For the first two days after its completion, continue to drink a glass of milk every two hours until noon, and in the afternoon eat vegetables or vegetable salads.
Important: such a diet is not suitable for everyone, so you should first consult with your doctor.
This is a more gentle option, since in addition to milk, the diet may include other products, for example, eggs, fruits and vegetables, cereals, bran, compotes and fruit drinks, vegetable and fruit juices, jelly, herbal teas. But there are still some limitations. So, the volume of one portion consumed cannot exceed 200 grams. And the intervals between meals should be on the order of two to three hours.
If your body cannot handle a large amount of milk, then reduce it by choosing a lightweight diet.
A daily menu might look something like this:
- For breakfast, have a glass of milk and some fruit, preferably unsweetened.
- For lunch, drink a glass of milk or any fermented milk product.
- For lunch, indulge in a vegetable salad with yogurt dressing. You can replace it with a portion of cottage cheese casserole or fresh cottage cheese.
- For an afternoon snack, eat a small portion of oatmeal porridge in milk.
- For dinner, drink a portion of milk, eat a fruit.
Milk and banana diet
Such a diet can be designed for three, five days or a week. You can drink up to one liter of milk and eat up to four bananas per day. You can alternate these foods or eat them together. So, one meal can consist of a glass of milk and one banana.
Finally, here are some tips to help you lose weight with health benefits:
- Do not drink milk at night, especially in large quantities. First, problems may arise due to the diuretic effect. Secondly, in one glass of medium fat milk there are about 100-120 calories, which will be superfluous before going to bed. And third, you may experience unpleasant symptoms such as flatulence and bloating.
- You should not torture yourself if you do not like milk and feel disgust at the sight of it. This is not your option.
- Do not overdo it with the volume of milk you drink, as with age it is absorbed worse than in childhood, due to a decrease in the amount of the lactase enzyme, which is responsible for the processing of milk protein lactose.
- Listen to your body. There are people who practically do not digest milk, and if you are one of them, then, unfortunately, you will have to give up this useful product.
- Milk can not only be drunk, but also included in recipes for various dishes.
- Try making delicious, healthy drinks based on milk. Mix it with cinnamon or turmeric to help burn fat faster. You can also add fruits or berries to the product when preparing milk smoothies.
If you love milk and want to put your body in order, then this product will help you become slimmer and more beautiful.