After another critical study of yourself in the mirror, you decided: you need to lose a couple of extra pounds, or maybe not a couple? And then you perfectly understand that attempts to maintain a diet have already been made more than once, but they just ended too quickly, and trips to fitness centers, more often than not, did not have time to be crowned with any real success.
Losing weight is difficult, especially when households do not really adhere to the rules of a healthy diet, and training is a real hard labor and torment for almost every person who has real weight problems.
That is why recently there have been more and more conversations on the topic of joint or pair weight loss – losing pounds with someone is much easier and more effective, diets are much easier to tolerate, and joint workouts bring much more results than going to a fitness club alone.
For the success of the business, it is very important to choose the right partner: it can be a close friend, a work colleague, or maybe even your significant other!
Psychologists and nutritionists have long confirmed that through joint efforts one can not only successfully lose weight, but also maintain an optimal weight for much longer after its normalization. You can also be convinced of all this if you risk going through all the difficulties together with your partner. What is the benefit of losing weight in pairs?
Advantages and disadvantages
Let’s start, of course, with the benefits of this technique. All these points need to be remembered and taken into account if you are really determined to have a positive result and a real effect.
- Losing weight together is really easier. It doesn’t matter who it will be – your friend or husband, supporting each other in moments of weakness, it is much easier to overcome the desire to eat an extra piece or intercept an extra sandwich if there is someone who can distract you from this thought. In addition, it is much easier for two to refuse such tempting offers as “order a pizza for the evening”, “buy a cake for a celebration”, “have a glass of wine”.
- If you are losing weight together with the man you live with, then you no longer have to be torn between a mountain of pots and different dishes – dietary for yourself, and high-calorie for him, because you will probably agree on the general principles of nutrition and a menu that will be able to satisfy your general needs.
- Over time, joint training in the gym turns into a real hobby: you and your partner have more topics for communication, you begin to spend much more time together. In addition, talking about real achievements, as well as possible prospects, always strengthens morale and ignites the desire to move only forward.
- Some exercises in the gym are much easier to do in pairs, and in times of crisis, when you need to go, and the desire has abruptly disappeared, there is a person who can be leveled up and who will certainly eliminate your momentary weaknesses.
- Experts say that partners who live together, with the beginning of joint weight loss and pair training, even improve the quality of their sex life. Firstly, with the appearance of each new muscle and the loss of an extra kilogram, constraint disappears more and more and, on the contrary, there is a desire to once again demonstrate to the half of your achievements. Secondly, people who go in for sports together have a special psychological connection that has a positive effect during sex.
What about the downsides?
- There is also an opposite opinion about losing weight together with a half: some men from such a process may feel “under the hood.” In addition, if one of you surrenders first, then, as a result, conflicts on culinary grounds may arise, which will very quickly move to other areas of life together.
- Not every man can really be persuaded to lose weight together: most of them, without any enthusiasm, accept various diets, restrictions in terms of their favorite dishes, as well as drinks.
- Choosing a “losing weight partner” a friend, especially one with whom it is not possible to see often, may have difficulties in terms of joint support and the risk of “going out of the way” is too great. Of course, the most realistic option is to become a real coalition for the time of joint weight loss, when all meals (or most of them) are held together, as well as training, which is not always realistic in modern life.
A few important tips:
- If you really decided that you want to lose weight in a pair, then choose a partner for yourself who will definitely not let you down – he (or she) should have no less enthusiasm regarding the plans conceived than you. Think over the meal plan, determine the days on which you will jointly cook and eat healthy dishes, try to support each other emotionally as often as possible: with conversations, calls and even SMS messages.
- Discuss your plans for the future at least once a week, weigh yourself twice a week, writing down the results and admiring the results in the mirror. You can even take before and after photos for more efficiency. Set new goals every time, and don’t forget to reward yourself for your work, these should be small but pleasant little things: a book about healthy food, good sneakers, a subscription to a pool or spa, and so on.
- The number of lost pounds, of course, is important, but it is even more important to notice the improvement in physical fitness: remember that everyone has their own physiology, so someone can just lose 3 kg in a week, and for someone even 500 g will be a great achievement. Do not envy anyone, but, on the contrary, concentrate on your own successes.