Breathing is life. But it turns out it can help you lose weight. If you engage in breathing exercises of Marina Korpan and follow some simple rules, then the extra pounds will begin to go away at a rapid pace.
What is this gymnastics?
Gymnastics of Marina Korpan is based on correct breathing, which, according to the developer, is not only the main work of all body systems, but also the key to a beautiful and slender body. Marina herself is a fairly successful and popular fitness trainer.
She has been studying breathing exercises for a long time and was able to develop her own methodology based on ancient yoga practices, as well as modern achievements. In addition, Korpan used the Bodyflex system developed in the 90s by Grieg Childers. As a result, the girl herself in a short period of time got rid of 25 kilograms of excess weight and decided to help others fight imperfections.
How does it work?
As Marina Korpan herself states, the main goal of the classes is to deliver oxygen to literally all parts of the body, into every cell. Exercises are based on the maximum filling of the lungs with air, as well as on holding the breath. Why is this needed?
- First, in order to saturate the tissues and enrich them with oxygen. With its deficiency, oxidation processes begin, which lead to premature aging and destruction of cells.
- Secondly, it is when interacting with oxygen that fats begin to actively break down.
- Thirdly, such intense saturation will significantly speed up metabolism, which is also useful for losing weight and normalizing the functioning of all important organs.
What results can be achieved by breathing exercises?
- First of all, this is weight loss and a decrease in body volume. Extra pounds go away, and the muscles become more toned and prominent.
- Improving respiratory function. Shortness of breath will disappear, breathing will become much easier.
- You will get a boost of vivacity and you will feel much more energetic.
- The work of the digestive tract is normalized (the tension of the abdominal muscles works like a massage of the intestines).
- The work of the brain will normalize, because it will begin to receive more oxygen. As a result, memory will improve, concentration of attention and speed of reaction will increase.
- Oxygen has a direct effect on the nervous system, so its functioning will also improve. Stress resistance will increase, sleep will normalize, increased nervous irritability will gradually disappear.
- The whole body will be rejuvenated, which will be especially noticeable externally. The skin will freshen up, circles and bags under the eyes will disappear.
How to do it?
Respiratory gymnastics of Marina Korpan has two directions: “Bodyflex” and “Oxysize”.
In general, the Bodyflex system appeared a long time ago, but Marina Korpan slightly modified it and adapted it for Russian women.
So how to breathe properly? You need to take a deep breath so that the stomach takes a concave shape and is drawn in as much as possible. This is followed by an exhalation. It must be done through the mouth, quietly and in such a way that all the oxygen leaves the lungs.
And some exercises based on the Bodyflex technique:
- Exhale so that the belly sticks to the spine. Stay in this state for 8 or 10 seconds. Then inhale and round your belly as much as possible so that it puffs out. Raise your head, open your mouth and exhale fully, while saying “pha”. Tighten your stomach, lower your head, tilt your body a little. Do 10-20 repetitions.
- Lie on your back and do the exercise described in the previous paragraph. Now exhale and draw in your stomach so that it goes under the ribs as much as possible. Stretch your arms along your body, then try to stretch and raise yourself. Next, spring with your body, trying to stretch it as much as possible, and then, on the contrary, kind of fold, flatten it. Lower the body to the floor and exhale.
Oxysize is a simpler and easier exercise that does not involve holding your breath. But all exercises are aimed at increasing flexibility and stretching, which allows you to tighten the body in an even shorter time.
So how do you do the basic breathing exercise?
- Inhale, pull in your stomach as much as possible, and tighten your glutes.
- Take three short extra breaths to further oxygenate the cells in your body.
- Exhale through your mouth, then take three short breaths to push absolutely all the carbon dioxide out of your lungs. The buttocks should remain tense.
- Relax and repeat the exercise.
Now there are two more complicated execution options:
- Stand up, tense your buttocks, spread your feet shoulder-width apart and bend your knees slightly. Grasp your stomach with your hands and, as it were, lift it up. Pull in your stomach, bringing it as close to the spine as possible. Then relax.
- Lean against the back of a stable chair. Take your right leg first to the side, then back. Perform a few circular motions with your foot. Pull in and tighten the buttocks. The pelvis should wiggle. The head is raised up, and the back always remains straight. And remember to breathe as described in the main exercise.
Are there any contraindications?
Before embarking on active exercises, it is advisable to consult a doctor, as there are some contraindications. So, it is worth exercising caution in case of serious diseases of the cardiovascular and respiratory systems, such as bronchial asthma, chronic bronchitis, heart failure, hypertension, ischemia and others.
A few tips from Marina Korpan:
- Exercise daily for 15 minutes, preferably in the morning.
- Remember to drink water.
- Eat healthy and healthy foods only.