Exercise machines help make your workouts more effective and rewarding. And today there is a great variety of the most diverse devices. For example, you can even purchase a stretching machine. But is he really needed?
What is this simulator and what is it for?
Why do you need a twine trainer? This device allows you to sit on the twine in a fairly short time and without much effort.
How does the simulator work? The principle of its work is based on stretching the muscles, as well as fixing them in a certain position. This allows you to consolidate the results and move forward, as well as avoid discomfort. The muscles first get used to a certain degree of stretching and adapt, which allows you to increase the load gradually and painlessly.
Recently, twine simulators are deservedly popular in the market. new models appear. The most popular are the homemade twine simulators M-FLEX. Reliable mechanism, affordable price and excellent functionality have made it a truly bestseller in the twine simulator market!
What are they?
Today, only a few models of such simulators are presented:
- Simple twine pole. Such a device consists of two parts that are assembled into a pole. There are two leg loops, fixing on the foot bar, as well as a safety sling, which will allow you to train without assistance. To start the stretching exercise, you need to assemble the simulator, place it in the girths of the legs, fix a suitable length of the pole with a sling (there should be a slight feeling of discomfort) and remain in this position for several minutes. You can stay in a sitting position or lie on the floor. Such a device is easy to use, lightweight (about 2-3 kilograms) and compact. The price is about 3-4 thousand rubles.
- Twine frames. This frame is a three-piece structure. Two of them (bars of the same length) are for the legs, and the other (a shorter bar located between the other two) allows you to control and change the degree of stretch. The legs rest against the vertical racks of the side planks, and the practitioner himself controls the stretching with the handle of the middle plank (you need to pull it towards yourself). When folded, the device is compact and mobile. The weight is usually between 4 and 6 kilograms. The cost ranges from 4-6 thousand rubles.
- Complete simulators. This is a rather complex and rather massive device with a seat and separate legroom. There are several locking positions (up to 190 degrees). The legs are fixed firmly and in several places, which allows you to maintain their correct position. During stretching, bends and other additional exercises can be performed on such a simulator, since accidental displacement of the legs is simply impossible, and constant manual control is not required. But this device weighs more than 20 kilograms. And although it folds, it still remains relatively massive. The cost of the simulator is about 12-16 thousand rubles.
Who needs such a simulator?
The splitting machine is used by figure skaters, dancers, gymnasts, as well as people involved in martial arts, in general, all those people who must have good stretching, but often do not have the time and energy to perform special exercises.
Advantages and disadvantages of exercising on a twine simulator
Is a twine trainer really necessary? Will it allow you to achieve results in a short time? To begin with, let’s list the advantages of classes on it:
- You will not feel pain during exercise, since adjusting the degree of stretch will allow you to fix your legs in a comfortable position. The muscles will get used to it, but at the same time they will not be subject to heavy loads.
- Minimal risk of injury. As the muscles stretch gradually and adapt, the risk of muscle fiber rupture is reduced. Exercises will be safe, unlike workouts without a simulator, during which jerks and sudden or inaccurate movements are possible.
- You will be able to practice on your own. Yes, you don’t need any help, as all twine machines are self-adjustable. It is very comfortable!
- Nice bonus: you can make your legs look more beautiful, even, fit and slender.
- Many models have the ability to train lying down, and this position provides maximum muscle relaxation. And it is in a relaxed state that they stretch much faster and are less damaged.
Now the cons:
- You have to spend money. The minimum price of the simplest model of the simulator is 2-3 thousand rubles.
- Not all such simulators can be taken with you on trips, which means that you will have to interrupt your workouts for a while.
- Don’t expect quick results! You need to do it regularly and quite intensively. Only in this case can you sit on the twine. This can take from 1.5 to 3-5 months. Everything will depend on your level of training and flexibility.
How to do it?
There is nothing complicated here. Just fix your legs in a position where you will feel stretching and mild discomfort, but you will not feel pain. Stay in this position for a few minutes.
One workout per day will be enough. As your muscles get used to it, increase the stretch. When the muscles adapt again, increase the stretch further (until mild discomfort). Exercise at least 3 times a week, and preferably daily. Gradually, you will sit on the twine.
Do not try to force events, it is fraught with injuries! And warm up your muscles before exercising.
Let the machine help you do the splits and improve your stretching!