Spices give the dishes a piquant taste and pleasant aroma. But some of them help you lose weight and keep fit. And what spices to use to get rid of extra pounds?
So, we offer the best spices for weight loss:
1. Pepper. Almost all types of hot peppers contribute to weight loss, but red, black, cayenne, and chili deserve special attention. They all work in about the same way. But what exactly is pepper useful for?
- Firstly, getting into the stomach, it stimulates the production of gastric juice and thereby improves digestion and promotes the proper absorption of nutrients.
- Secondly, pepper contains a unique substance capsaicin, which increases the temperature of tissues and significantly accelerates metabolic processes and, therefore, more active fat burning.
- Thirdly, it contains piperine, which also increases calorie expenditure and also triggers brain activity. But do not overdo it, as in large quantities, such a seasoning can cause digestive problems. Just pepper your meals in moderation.
2. Ginger – this is perhaps the most famous and dangerous enemy of extra pounds. This spice not only improves the taste of any food and drink (including sweet ones), but also strengthens the immune system, improves digestion, and also has an anti-inflammatory effect.
And, of course, ginger helps to speed up the metabolism and reduce the volume of adipose tissue. To lose weight, you can add fresh or ground ginger to hot dishes, tea, meat or fish dishes. And you can prepare a healthy drink for weight loss. Cut 100 grams of fresh ginger and 1 lemon, pour all this with boiling water (500 ml) and leave for an hour, and then consume one cup after meals two or three times a day.
3. Very useful and cover, but only if you add it not to baked goods, as many are used to doing, but to lighter and more dietary meals.
- This spice, firstly, helps control appetite.
- Secondly, its smell deceives the body and suppresses cravings for sweets.
- Thirdly, cinnamon helps to normalize blood sugar levels.
- And, fourthly, it helps to accelerate metabolic processes and lose weight.
Cinnamon can be added to fermented milk products, cereals, fruit salads. An effective remedy is kefir with cinnamon (1/4 teaspoon per glass). You can also pour boiling water over half a teaspoon of cinnamon, leave for an hour, add honey and drink instead of tea.
4. Turmeric – a bright and healthy relative of ginger. This spice helps to slow down the formation and deposition of fatty tissue thanks to the curcumin it contains. In addition, turmeric, like many other spices, helps to speed up the metabolism.
It also helps to improve blood composition, normalizes blood circulation, strengthens the immune system and helps with the first symptoms of a cold. The spice can be added to fish or meat dishes, side dishes, and tea.
5. Cardamom… This spice in India is called “heavenly grain”. The essential oils contained in cardamom grains stimulate digestion and promote proper absorption of nutrients from food, cleanse the body of toxins and toxins. To keep fit, simply add a few grains at a time to meat, fish, and vegetable dishes.
And if you want to speed up the process of losing weight, then prepare a decoction of cardamom. To do this, pour 1 teaspoon of grains with a glass of boiling water, boil for 10 minutes, cool and drink half a glass after or during a meal. You can also add cardamom to coffee, tea or cocoa.
6. Anise… This aromatic spice is very pleasant to the taste and does not taste bitter at all, so you can safely use it for cooking any dishes. Anise has a tonic effect and increases efficiency, significantly reduces appetite, improves mood and, among other things, perfectly freshens breath.
In ancient Greece, athletes consumed anise before competition. And you can chew on a few grains to satisfy your hunger. Also, this spice can be added to drinks, meat, vegetable and fish dishes and even desserts.
7. Oregano… This spice is enjoyed by all Italians, and this is probably why they are so attractive and slender. The seasoning tastes good, has anti-inflammatory and antibacterial effects, normalizes digestion and promotes complete assimilation of food, and also speeds up metabolism. And it has also been proven that oregano is an effective means of preventing cancer. This spice goes especially well with meat.
8. Carnation Is another interesting and healthy spice. It contains many vitamins and microelements: magnesium, phosphorus, sodium, potassium, calcium, iron, zinc, copper, selenium, vitamins E, K, C, as well as group B.
These components help prevent vitamin deficiency during the diet. In addition, cloves have anti-inflammatory effects, normalize digestion, control appetite and promote fat burning. And also such a spice gives vigor and improves mood. Cloves can be added to a variety of foods and drinks, such as green tea.
9. Cumin has a rather specific taste, but it normalizes digestion and lipid metabolism, lowers blood sugar and speeds up metabolism. And also such a spice will help improve the condition and color of the skin, which is also very important when losing weight.
10. Horseradish… This seasoning is considered to be primordially Slavic. And, it should be said, our ancestors knew a lot about spices. Horseradish copes with cleansing the body and removes toxins, improves digestion and promotes proper absorption of food. But most importantly, this spice helps burn fat cells.
To achieve the effect, add horseradish to meat dishes, especially to fatty ones (in this case, fats will be quickly processed, and will not go “into stock”). And this remedy will help improve digestion and lose weight: mix 2 tablespoons of honey, 3 tablespoons of grated horseradish and the juice of half a lemon. Take a tablespoon of the mixture before each meal.
A few tips for using spices:
- The spices can be mixed. Experiment and look for the best combinations to get the best taste.
- Do not overdo it! Many spices, used in unlimited quantities, can, on the contrary, increase appetite and irritate the mucous membranes of the digestive system.
- Before adding a new seasoning, evaluate its taste and smell. You probably won’t like the spice.
- To preserve the aroma, flavor and health benefits of spices, add them in the final stages of cooking.
Bon appetit and effective weight loss to you!