To lose weight without harm to health, you need to eat not only dietary and low-calorie, but also healthy foods. One of these is fish, and there is a diet based on it.
What is this diet?
The fish diet involves the consumption of fish as the main product. There are several options, and, as a rule, in the diet, in addition to the main component, there are others, for example, vegetables, eggs. Still, it is the fish that is taken as a basis, and this is not surprising.
- Firstly, it has a low calorie content, because even in the fattest varieties there are no more than 220-250 calories, and in dietary ones – about 70-80.
- Secondly, fish is a source of protein that normalizes muscle function and is beneficial during exercise.
- Thirdly, fish is easily digested (much faster than meat).
- And finally, fourthly, fish is very nutritious and healthy, which is also very important.
How to comply?
The menu and principles of the fish diet may vary, as there are several options. And the most effective, popular and interesting ones will be discussed below.
This option can be considered unloading, since it is quite strict and is designed for three days. The menu should include low-fat fish (in the amount of 200-300 grams), as well as cucumbers, cabbage and tomatoes. You also need to drink 1.5 liters of liquid: water, rosehip broth, herbal or green tea.
Such a diet can be considered a vegetable-protein diet and is designed for five to seven days, but the menu will be the same:
- For breakfast, eat a hard-boiled egg, one fruit, such as an apple. You can allow a cup of green tea.
- The second breakfast will consist of a 200-gram piece of fish (preferably boiled), one fresh cucumber and a glass of plain purified water.
- For lunch, it is allowed to eat a portion of fish with lettuce, about 100-150 grams of cottage cheese (preferably 0% fat) without additives. Wash it down with herbal tea.
- Let the dinner consist of a two-hundred-gram piece of steamed fish, a small portion of cottage cheese, low-calorie fresh vegetables, for example, cucumbers, cabbage, tomatoes.
This option is designed for a week, it can be considered lightweight. The seven-day menu is outlined below.
- At breakfast, eat about one hundred and fifty grams of steamed or boiled pollock, the same amount of cauliflower (can be baked, stewed or steamed).
- Lunch is a soup with vegetables and a portion of salmon with rice (brown).
- At an afternoon snack, it is allowed to eat a small amount (up to 150 grams) of low-calorie fruits.
- Dinner: squid (for example, boiled), a small slice of stale brown bread and a little carrot salad (you can Korean).
- Breakfast: baked flounder, a cup of tea with dried fruits.
- Lunch: tuna cutlets, pickle, a couple of slices of rye bread.
- The afternoon snack consists of fruits.
- At dinner, eat half a can of canned fish, some bread, and a handful of nuts. Have a sugar-free drink.
- Breakfast should consist of toast with fish, a few nuts (preferably walnuts) and tea.
- Lunch: lean green cabbage soup, a small amount of tuna, a hard-boiled egg.
- Afternoon snack: fruit as usual.
- Dinner is represented by a portion of seafood, a glass of tea with the addition of honey.
- Breakfast is pollock with toast and tea.
- For lunch, eat a serving of fish soup, a small amount of lightly salted salmon, and lettuce leaves.
- The afternoon snack will be fruity.
- Dinner consists of cucumber, eggs, squid (can be in the form of a salad).
- For breakfast, you can eat a portion of steamed or boiled cod and cabbage salad.
- For lunch, eat fish meatball soup and fish (optional) with brown unpolished rice.
- Fruit afternoon tea.
- Dinner is a leafy salad with bread and a serving of mussels.
- For breakfast, allow yourself two rye or bran loaves and red caviar (you can substitute another one), tea (honey is also allowed).
- Lunch consists of fish soup, mackerel, seaweed.
- The afternoon snack is the same.
- Dinner – carrots and onions (stewed), two steamed fish cakes, hardened bread.
- At breakfast, eat a portion of boiled catfish, toast. Wash it down with tea.
- Lunch – fish soup made from red fish.
- The afternoon snack is the same.
- Dinner consists of brown rice with shrimps, tea.
This diet is 3 days and the menu for one day is as follows:
- At breakfast, it is recommended to eat one boiled egg, as well as 75-100 grams of fat-free cottage cheese and yogurt (you can mix them together). Have a glass of green or herbal tea.
- For lunch, eat no more than two hundred grams of fish, for example, cooked. After about fifteen or twenty minutes, you can eat any citrus fruit or two small kiwis.
- Lunch should consist of a portion (250 grams) of steamed or boiled fish or seafood, as well as a salad dressed with yogurt and consisting of green beans, peppers, cucumbers and cabbage. A little later (after about an hour or two) you can drink water or tea.
- Dinner also consists of a serving of seafood or fish, but the salad can be replaced with a small amount of boiled brown rice.
Advantages and disadvantages
The fish diet has both advantages and disadvantages. It’s worth starting with the pros:
- Such food is absolutely useful for losing weight. There are few calories in fish, and it also contains substances that contribute to the normalization of metabolism. So you can get rid of those extra pounds pretty quickly and without harming your health and condition.
- Fish is delicious!
- This is very useful, because fish contains omega-3 fatty acids necessary for the human body and much more.
- You will be able to cleanse the body and feel incredible lightness, feel better.
- You will not feel hungry, because even a small portion of fish can provide saturation.
- If you don’t like and never eat fish, then such a diet will definitely not work for you.
- Fish is not cheap, so the diet can be said to be quite expensive.
- There are contraindications, which include certain diseases of the kidneys, stomach and liver, as well as allergies to seafood and fish.
Tips and rules
A few helpful tips:
- Use only low-fat fish such as cod, pollock, flounder, tuna.
- To cook fish, use methods such as boiling, stewing, baking without oil in foil, or steaming.
- Try to minimize or eliminate salt intake. You can replace it with spices or lemon juice, which will give the fish a pleasant aroma and interesting taste.
- Follow dietary guidelines after dieting to maintain results.
I wish you health and a gorgeous figure!