Today there are a great many areas of fitness. Some have elements of dance, others imply the use of high-heeled shoes for training. But more recently, another direction has appeared – Kangoo jumps.
What it is?
Kangoo jumps from English translates as “kangaroo jumping”. In fact, jumping is the essence of training. For the first time, such an unusual direction was learned in the middle of the last century in Eastern Europe, but it was finalized quite recently in North America. And now kangaroo jumping is conquering the whole world.
The most important feature of this type of fitness is the use of special shoes. Hemispherical parts are attached to the sole of the boots, which have a bridge in the middle, which provides the spheres with mobility and allows trainees to spring in such shoes. The top is something similar to the base of roller skates, but, of course, instead of wheels, there are springy platforms.
What are the benefits of Kangoo jumps?
So what can Kangoo jumps workout do? Here are their main advantages:
- The load on the spine, as well as on the joints of the knees and pelvis is minimal, so, firstly, you will not experience discomfort, and secondly, protect yourself from injury. Surprisingly, when running, the load on the legs is reduced by 80%, while all muscles work, and fat is burned.
- Exercise will allow you to engage and strengthen almost all muscles, even those that usually do not work with standard loads. The muscles of the back, arms, abs, hips and buttocks will become more prominent.
- Such loads are very beneficial for the respiratory and cardiovascular systems. You breathe more often than usual, and this helps to strengthen the respiratory organs and improve their functioning. The heart is also trained, which begins to work better and more harmoniously.
- Since breathing becomes more frequent and the work of the heart improves, blood enriched with oxygen and nutrients flows to all organs and thereby significantly improves their work. It turns out that the entire body begins to function smoothly and without interruption.
- It’s not as difficult as it might seem at first glance! Even a beginner or untrained person will be able to train. This area of fitness has no age restrictions.
- Fitness Kangoo jumps are very beneficial for weight loss. So, in one half-hour workout, you can burn about 700-1000 calories. It all depends on you and the intensity of your training. But in any case, it is much more effective than running or simple aerobics.
- It’s very interesting and fun! Many people love to jump (and not only children), so training will be enjoyable and will allow you to get a lot of positive emotions. There will be no trace of apathy and depression.
Can everyone do it?
There are practically no contraindications, but there are still some limitations.
- If you have diseases of the cardiovascular system, then be sure to inform the trainer about it and before starting classes, be sure to consult your doctor. But training is quite possible, just for you the trainer will individually select a program that implies minimal loads.
- You should not take risks with serious diseases of the musculoskeletal system. Although it is possible to practice without exacerbation, sometimes it is even useful. The stress on the joints is minimal, so you will not cause significant damage.
- In case of exacerbations of chronic diseases or acute infections, it is also better to refuse training.
As for the age, there are no restrictions, so people of almost all ages can practice, even children over 6 years old.
Some types of fitness are contraindicated in people who are significantly overweight, but almost everyone can do Kangoo jumps.
Without shoes, classes are impossible, so they will be required in any case. It can be bought or rented. And here several questions arise.
- What is the cost of a pair? It should be noted right away that it is quite high and amounts to about 10-15 thousand. If you decide to rent such shoes, then it is also not cheap at all. 30 minutes will cost you 200-300 rubles, so if you plan to practice regularly, then you should spend it once.
- Is it comfortable to walk in such shoes? Is it difficult? Anyone who puts on these shoes for the first time feels uncomfortable and unusual. First, growth increases by 20-30 centimeters. Secondly, at first it is unusual to walk and even more so to practice. But already on the second lesson, almost everyone gets used to it and feels confident and comfortable.
- Isn’t it dangerous? The safety of practicing in such shoes has been proven during tests. The platform is quite wide, so it is almost impossible to fall. All fasteners are strong, so nothing will break or fall apart under the influence of your weight.
- How long do these shoes last? Having bought a pair, you can safely do it, but remember that the springs need to be replaced. On average, their service life is 60-80 hours. If the springs are left unchanged, the spring effect will weaken, which can cause breakage. You can make a replacement yourself by studying the instructions that came with the shoe.
- Do I need to take care of my shoes? Yes, of course, especially if you practice outdoors. Sand and dirt can clog in crevices, increase element friction and shorten product life. So, after class, you should rinse your shoes in a mild soapy solution and dry well. Disassemble the structure periodically and wash each item separately. If any part is out of order, replace it.
How to train?
Here are a few important features:
- Workouts can take place in the gym or outdoors.
- You can work out both with a trainer and on your own at home. But at first it is better to conduct classes under the guidance of an experienced specialist, so that, firstly, he develops an individual training program taking into account your wishes, goals and capabilities, and secondly, he can correct mistakes in time.
- For beginners, it is best to start with the minimum training duration. For the first time, 5-7 minutes will be enough. Next time, try practicing for 10-15 minutes. As a result, bring the duration of one workout to 30-40 minutes.
- The optimal frequency of classes is 3-4 times a week, that is, every other day. So the muscles will have time to rest, but the efficiency will not suffer.
- At first, you may feel discomfort or even pain in your body. This is normal and will soon pass.
- Control your health and condition. Avoid dizziness and darkening of your eyes.
Kangoo jumps exercises can be very varied. For example, you can use elements of dance, aerobics and other sports. Keep in mind, however, that shoes are not designed for constant jumping, so avoid such exercises.
When choosing programs, consider your goals (weight loss, muscle strengthening), capabilities and preferences. You can practice one of the ready-made programs, or you can ask the coach to choose something especially for you.
Train with pleasure and benefit!