Did you know that onions can help you lose weight? But for this you need to figure out how to use it correctly and follow the onion diet.
What is the Onion Diet?
The onion diet is relatively recent and presumably came from France. Its main product is not the vegetable itself, but the onion soup, which the French love so much and often eat (maybe that’s why they are so slender and sophisticated?). And he, by the way, is very useful, so the diet will help improve not only the figure, but also health.
According to some, on an onion diet, you can lose weight by 5-6 kilograms in a week. And such a weight loss is indeed possible, but if there is a significant excess. If the weight is small, then its reduction will be minimal, that is, you will lose only 2-3 kilograms, but such results are impressive.
How to comply?
Dieting is pretty straightforward. It is designed for seven days, during which you need to consume onion soup and some other foods.
First of all, it’s worth making a soup. There are several recipes, but they are all similar and have common features. Usually, onions are supplemented with other vegetables, such as cabbage, carrots, celery, bell peppers and tomatoes, and they can be used at the same time. All components are boiled in water with the addition of spices and a small amount of salt.
Menu for the week:
- On the first day, it is recommended to eat soup, as well as unsweetened fruits (except for grapes and bananas). Allowed to drink unsweetened tea or coffee, still water, cranberry juice.
- On the second day, supplement the onion soup with any vegetables consumed raw, stewed, boiled or baked.
- The third day’s menu includes onion soup, fruits and vegetables. But potatoes should be excluded from the diet.
- On the fourth day, you should also eat fruits, soup and vegetables. Allowed to drink a glass of skim milk and eat one or two small bananas.
- On the fifth day, eat soup and tomatoes in unlimited quantities. Also, the diet should include 300 grams of lean meat or poultry (beef, chicken, turkey), fish is allowed.
- The menu of the sixth day of the diet includes soup, lean beef, as well as green vegetables and herbs: lettuce, peppers, cabbage, cucumbers.
- On the last day, it is allowed to eat onion soup, rice (preferably brown), vegetables, and unsweetened fruit juices.
A few rules:
- Eliminate sugary carbonated and alcoholic drinks from your diet while you are on a diet.
- It is not allowed to fill the soup with sour cream, mayonnaise and other sauces.
- It is forbidden to fry dishes, only stewing, cooking and baking are allowed.
- All flour, sweet, fatty, smoked and so on are excluded.
- It is advisable to eat the soup at least three times a day, this will achieve the best effect.
- Drink plenty of liquids: still mineral water or plain filtered water, tea (including herbal tea), or weak coffee without added sugar.
- Drinking alcohol is allowed only a day after the end of the diet.
- You can repeat the diet if you are not satisfied with the result, but only after two to three weeks.
Advantages and disadvantages
The main benefits of the diet:
- Efficiency. There are indeed results, and they are significant.
- There is no feeling of hunger while dieting. Firstly, the onion soup is quite satisfying, and secondly, the use of other products is also allowed.
- The diet will not harm your health and will even improve it. Onion soup not only promotes fat burning, but also helps to remove harmful cholesterol from the body, and also normalizes and improves digestion, preventing constipation (which occurs frequently during diets).
- Boiled onions are odorless, so you don’t have to worry about it.
- Making onion soup is very simple and doesn’t take long.
- Such a diet can be called quite budgetary, since all the products included in the menu are inexpensive.
- There are some contraindications, which include diseases of the gastrointestinal tract in the acute stage.
- Not everyone likes the taste of onion soup, some find it unpleasant or even disgusting. Indeed, boiled onions are not the most delicious product. But if you grind it as much as possible, then it will almost not be felt in the dish.
Reviews of the onion diet prove its effectiveness. Many people really manage to get rid of those extra pounds. Unpleasant sensations or discomfort during observance usually does not occur, as well as severe hunger. In general, the diet is not difficult, so the risk of breakdowns is low. But not everyone likes the taste of the soup, although, according to most, it is quite tolerable.
A few recommendations:
- You can use leeks or regular onions to make the soup.
- After the diet, adhere to the principles of dietary nutrition so that all the pounds lost do not come back.
- Do not try to eat only soup, this will not enhance the effect, but only harm.
- It is advisable to consult a doctor beforehand.
Let the onion diet help you lose weight and get slimmer!