Losing weight is a complex process. And if it goes wrong, then some undesirable consequences may arise. For example, if you lose weight too quickly, your skin can become flabby. What to do in this case? Can this situation be corrected?
Why does the skin become flabby?
Many people are aware of the problem of loose skin on the abdomen, arms, thighs or buttocks after weight loss. But why is this happening?
Here are some of the reasons for sagging skin after losing weight:
- The weight loss process was too fast. It turns out that the volumes went away at a rapid pace, but the skin did not have time to change, so it became flabby and saggy.
- Excessive dryness of the skin due to lack of water.
- Lack of collagen and elastin in the epidermis (often associated with age-related changes).
- Improper care.
Can the situation be changed?
Can saggy skin be toned and beautiful again? If it has sagged significantly and has become very flabby, you should not hope for a miracle and believe that “miraculous” remedies will help. Unfortunately, this does not happen. And yet, if you have patience and make every effort, then it is quite possible to correct the situation.
In beauty salons, you will be offered a lot of procedures aimed at returning the skin to its former elasticity and freshness. The simplest and most widely used methods are various wraps and masks. Yes, there will be an effect, but who is stopping you from doing all this at home? It is quite possible to buy funds today in specialized stores.
But there are other more radical methods that imply an effect on the deeper layers of the skin. For example, during the mesotherapy procedure, special formulations are injected under the skin with the help of injections, which contain hyaluronic acid and other components that stimulate the production of elastin and collagen (these two substances are responsible for skin elasticity).
The massage works in this way: blood rushes to the affected area, thereby improving blood circulation and blood supply to tissues. Metabolic processes are accelerated, as well as cell regeneration. All this leads to skin tightening.
Massages can be offered at a beauty salon or cosmetic clinic. For example, vacuum, honey and classic manual are effective. But if you wish, you can use the massagers yourself. And to carry out the procedure with your own hands, just pinch yourself on the problem areas, slightly pulling the skin (it should redden a little, this will speak of efficiency). Then apply circular strokes using moisturizer.
Cosmetics stores sell a variety of masks, gels and creams, which, according to manufacturers, will help make sagging skin firm and youthful. In fact, using such a cream or gel will help improve the situation, but not dramatically. You will moisturize your skin, which is good.
In addition, some products contain components with local warming or irritating effects, which will help improve blood circulation. And yet you should not rely on only masks and creams, it is better to use them in combination with other measures.
Water to help
How to tighten skin after losing weight in other ways? Ordinary water will help you. But you need to use it correctly. Here are a couple of ways.
- First of all, you need to drink water so that the skin gets moisture from the body. It is necessary to consume at least two liters of liquid per day. It is advisable to drink plain clean water, sometimes green tea.
- Ice cubes. They can be used for a kind of massage. Just take an ice cube and move it around the problem areas.
- Cold shower. It is advisable to take his sutra.
- A contrast shower is more effective than a cold shower. First, turn on hot water and pour it over problem areas for a minute or two. Then turn on cold water and stand under it for half a minute. Repeat three of these cycles. Gradually, the temperature of the water can be reduced, and the duration of its exposure should preferably be increased to 1-2 minutes.
All these manipulations stimulate blood flow to the skin and accelerate metabolic processes.
For the skin to be beautiful, you need to eat right. Here are the basic rules:
- Eat more fresh fruits and vegetables, they are rich in vitamins.
- Be sure to eat fermented milk products with beneficial bacteria.
- Protein must also enter the body, because it is needed to build all cells. So eat lean meat.
- Fish must also be included in the diet, it contains amino acids, as well as substances that stimulate the production of collagen.
- The menu should also include seafood
- Quail eggs are useful.
- Vitamin E is essential for the skin, and it is found in vegetable oils (such as olive).
Physical activity is beneficial for the whole body as a whole and for the skin as well.
You can do the following exercises:
- For loose abdominal skin: twists of the torso. Stand up straight with your hands on your waist. Rotate your torso to one side as far as possible, then return to the original position. Now turn the other way. Do at least 20 reps.
- For loose skin on the thighs: lie on your side, support your head with one hand, and rest on the floor with the other. Do straight leg raises. Perform 20 lifts, then change sides.
- Squats or bent-leg raises (standing on all fours and leaning on your knees and palms) are great help for sagging skin of the buttocks.
- If you have loose skin on your hands, you will need dumbbells. Take them, put your hands up, then put them behind your back, as far as possible. You should feel a stretch in your muscles.
Wraps and peels can be done at home using the available components.
Here are some options:
- Coffee scrub. Mix two teaspoons of ground coffee, two tablespoons of honey, and 4 tablespoons of almond oil. Apply this mixture with active massage movements to problem areas for one to two minutes. Then rinse everything off with warm water and apply a moisturizer. This scrub, by the way, helps to remove stretch marks.
- Algal wraps. Purchase whole kelp from the pharmacy, put them in hot water, then move them to problem areas and wrap these areas with cling film. You need to stay in this form for a couple of hours. Then remove the algae, rinse the skin with warm water.
- Dissolve half a glass of mustard powder in warm water until a gruel is obtained. Apply the mass to the skin, wrap it with cling film, leave for an hour. Then rinse the skin thoroughly with warm water, apply a nourishing cream.
- Honey wraps. Cover with honey, wrap in plastic and enjoy for an hour or two, then rinse everything off with warm water.