If you like to go to discos and nightclubs, but still do not know how to dance, then this needs to be urgently corrected. How to learn to dance and feel relaxed?
Can you learn to dance?
Some people think that the ability to dance is a talent or a gift. Yes, in fact, some do it much better than others. Looking at such people, you might think that they started dancing before they went. But what about those who do not feel the rhythm and are not flexible? Study, study and study again!
Well, and, of course, be patient and find some free time. If you strive to achieve your goal, you will certainly achieve success. You probably won’t become a star on the dance floor, but you will definitely feel much more confident and relaxed in nightclubs.
How to study?
So how do you learn to dance in a nightclub? Today, this is not as difficult as it used to be. We invite you to find out several proven and effective ways.
In every city today there are dance schools and dance clubs. Sign up there and start learning. If you do not know how to dance at all, then sign up for a group for beginners. If you have some skills, then you can try your hand at a group for “advanced”.
In this case, you will be able to observe more experienced people and learn from the experience not only from the teacher, but also from them. But if you do not have basic skills, then among more experienced comrades you will feel uncomfortable. And you won’t be able to keep up with them.
When choosing a dance school, pay attention to its location. You probably don’t want to travel to the other side of the city. In addition, you should not look for schools that train professionals. Firstly, you don’t need this, as your goal is to learn how to dance beautifully in a nightclub. Secondly, the cost of training in this case will be higher.
As for the frequency, frequency and time of classes, it is advisable to attend classes at least twice a week, since if the break between workouts is too long, then you will forget everything and will not be able to master even the basics. The duration of one lesson is usually 1-1.5 hours. Choose the time according to your daily routine.
If you are embarrassed to study in a group, then find a dance teacher who can study with you individually. Of course, it will cost much more than attending group classes at a dance school, but individual lessons have many advantages.
- First, all of the teacher’s attention will be given only to you. He will be able to assess the level of your training and your abilities, identify all mistakes and correct them, as well as find an approach, develop an individual program and give useful recommendations.
- Secondly, there will be no other people around you, and their presence is very embarrassing for many.
- Thirdly, you will not be distracted and will be able to concentrate on the dance.
- And fourthly, you can extend the duration of the lesson and take a crash course.
Finding a teacher today is easy. This can be done using the Internet. Try to go to the dance forum, find people from your city there and ask them for advice. You can also ask your friends. By the way, one of your friends or colleagues is probably good at dancing. Seek help from such a person, for sure he will agree to help. Offer him a token payment so you don’t feel obligated.
Learning on our own
In this age of high technology, there are many opportunities. And you can learn to dance fashionably even at home. What is needed for this? Just a few components:
- Instructional video. It is important to make the right choice. First, choose video tutorials with simple movements for beginners, as you may not be able to get too complicated in the early stages of learning. It is advisable to find a whole course of study, which provides for a sequential transition from simple dance movements and ligaments to more complex ones. Second, look for videos with commentary in your native language. Some movements require clarification, and if the teacher speaks a foreign language, then you simply will not understand anything.
- Large mirror. It is necessary in order to measure your progress. It may seem to you that you are doing the movement perfectly, but in fact you are doing it not at all as you should. Take a look at yourself to see your mistakes. Try to constantly at least glance in the mirror in order to identify shortcomings in time and immediately correct them. If you first master the movements, and then see them from the side, then it will be quite difficult to retrain. It’s much easier to hone your skills by making adjustments at first.
- Comfortable clothes. Yes, in a nightclub you will dance in stylish and fashionable clothes, because every girl wants to be attractive. But at the stage of learning and mastering the basics, comfortable clothes will be optimal and appropriate. Wear a top or t-shirt and sweatpants or shorts. When all the movements are good for you, put on a short dress and dance in it. This will allow you to recreate the atmosphere of a nightclub and understand how to move in clubwear.
- As for shoes, you can practice barefoot at first. Then you should put on some kind of shoes, but comfortable. When you feel like a pro, wear shoes or heeled sandals. So you can prepare one hundred percent and not just learn to move, but learn to be dexterous and at the same time attractive in any way and in any situation.
We go to the night club
If you don’t have free time to study, and you really want to dance in a nightclub, then go there and start studying right there. Here are some useful tips for the bravest and most ambitious:
- It is best to come to the club with a friend, or even better with a few friends. This will allow you to stand out from the crowd and feel more confident with the support of people you know.
- If you are scared to go out on the dance floor, then try drinking a glass of wine for courage. Wine, firstly, improves blood circulation, and secondly, improves mood. But don’t overdo it! Otherwise, instead of courage, you will get clumsiness and a silly look.
- Relax. If your body and muscles are stiff, then you simply will not be able to move or you will do it funny and ridiculous. So first, take a look at the dance floor and those who are present on it, walk a little. By the way, having examined all those present, you can make sure that not all are dance masters, and this will calm you down.
- Get out and start looking around. Choose a simple movement and look through the eyes of those who you think are good at dancing. But do not hold your gaze for a long time and do not look closely, you may be misunderstood. Try to repeat the movements you like. Start with easy ones and master them, then move on to more difficult ones.
- Go to the club as often as possible to maintain and develop your skills and learn new things.
- Until you feel confident, it is best to choose stylish yet comfortable clothes: bright jeans, trendy T-shirts or tops and boots or flat ankle boots.
Here are some helpful tips for beginner dancers:
- Music should make you move, you should feel it with your body. So play dynamic songs more often and dance with your eyes closed and maintaining the rhythm.
- If you are unsure of yourself, do not dance to complex compositions.
- Having learned some successful movement, do not use only it in the dance, it will look stupid. Master new ligaments and develop.
- Don’t be shy or afraid, everyone started at some point.