Many have faced such a problem as overeating. It seems to be already full, but the insides require more and more. As a result, you barely get up from the table and reproach yourself for being full again and unable to move. How to deal with this? There is an exit!
Why do we overeat?
To understand how to deal with a problem, you first need to find out its causes, and then eliminate them. Here are some possible ones:
- Exposure to outside influence. Today in the media you can see numerous advertisements for all kinds of food products, and often they are not the most useful. From TV and the pages of magazines and newspapers, we are taught that hunger can be satisfied with chocolate, chips or instant noodles. And we absorb it all, even if we are full.
- Replacement of love. Yes, many people who feel the need for affection, care and love make up for all this with delicious food. The pleasure is received, but few people think about the harm.
- Habits. If in childhood your mother “stuffed” you, then there is a high probability that at a conscious age you will overeat, because food addictions and habits are formed in childhood. In addition, due to the large volumes of food entering the digestive tract, the stomach is greatly stretched, so that it fills up later, which means that the feeling of fullness comes much later.
- We eat for the company. Many have a snack for the company at business meetings, meetings with friends or in other situations. And this undoubtedly leads to overeating.
- While eating, many people watch TV, communicate with household members, sit at the computer or do other things. And this is a serious mistake. In this case, you simply do not notice how much you have eaten, so the center of the brain responsible for satiety is triggered later.
- Some people eat when they are nervous or worried. Yes, for many, unfortunately, food is a comfort.
- If you eat “on the go” and quickly, then satiety is unlikely to come, portions will inevitably increase.
- Low quality products. If you consume fast food, semi-finished products and other harmful substances, then the body simply does not receive nutrients and requires more and more, hoping to still get everything it needs for its work.
- Fear. If a person was previously forced to limit himself in food because of some problems, then in the absence of restrictions he will constantly eat “in reserve” and overeat.
- Boredom. Many people eat “out of nothing to do.”
- Large dishes. Some people tend to fill the plate completely and cannot leave food in it.
- A wide range of. Do not fill your refrigerator to capacity and cook several dishes at once, as it is a great temptation to try everything at once.
- The use of sauces, seasonings, salt, sugar, flavors and aromas. Some condiments (especially synthetic and artificial ones) stimulate our taste buds, increase our appetite and make us eat more and more, even when we are full.
Why is it dangerous?
Here are some of the possible consequences of overeating:
- Excess body weight. It would seem that this is not the most terrible problem, but in fact it is extremely unpleasant and even dangerous. Excess weight will make it difficult for you to move around and do your usual activities. In addition, your self-esteem will drop dramatically and you will lose confidence in yourself. Problems in personal life, as well as in intimate relationships, are inevitable. Think about it!
- Digestive problems. They will surely arise, since the digestive tract, when overeating, literally works for wear and tear, and constantly.
- Diseases of the cardiovascular and respiratory systems. Excess weight is a huge burden on the lungs, heart and blood vessels. And because of this load, the work of such systems will certainly be disrupted, which can provoke the development of serious diseases.
- By overeating at night, you run the risk of earning problems with sleep, since the heaviness in the stomach will interfere, and the overflowing stomach will have to work actively (and after all, all systems, including the digestive system, must rest at night).
- Metabolic and hormonal disorders. Often, due to excess body weight, there are problems in the functioning of the thyroid gland and disruptions of the menstrual cycle.
How to get rid of the problem?
So how do you learn not to overeat? Here are 10 tips to help you get rid of this problem:
- Keep yourself busy! It may sound strange, but the less free time you have, the less often you will have thoughts about food. Get a job, find an interesting hobby, or go to study, for example.
- Use only your plate. Go to the store and get a baby plate there. Yes, it’s the nursery. This can help you cut back on portions and stop overeating. By the way, it is advisable to always carry this plate with you. And let them look askance at you, but you will have good health and a beautiful figure.
- Pay special attention to the place and setting in which you usually eat. Of course, this is best done in the kitchen. Place a plate in front of you, sit on a chair, put away newspapers and magazines, turn off the TV and just enjoy lunch, dinner, or breakfast.
- Choose the right food. Vegetables, fruits and berries, lean fish and meat, cereals, cereals, legumes, as well as fermented milk and dairy products perfectly satisfy hunger and saturate the body with everything necessary.
- Now about the taboo. Try to exclude fried, fatty, sweet, spicy, salty, or pickled foods from your diet. Limit your intake of sweets. Forget about semi-finished products, junk food and various hazards. Also, avoid synthetic flavors such as monosodium glutamate.
- Eat right. Portions should be small, but at the same time you need to eat at least 4-5 times a day. Then you will not have time to get hungry. Chew your food well and thoroughly, and think about what you are eating to get the brain information about satiety. In addition, be sure to skip snacks, especially harmful ones. In case of hunger, you can eat some kind of fruit.
- Watch your feelings. Eat only if you experience real hunger, not imaginary or psychological. Get up from the table immediately after you feel a slight satiety. And some recommend finishing the meal with a slight feeling of hunger.
- Learn to refuse. Do not eat in company if you are full and have eaten recently. Learn to say no when you are offered or even forced to eat at a party.
- Monitor your psychological state. Solve all problems in time and understand for yourself that food is not a solution or a solution to problems. Take sedatives during times of stress. Find another way to relax and build your life so that you feel comfortable.
- Don’t cook a lot of food for future use. Plan ahead. This will allow you not to worry that something will be lost (some overeat because of this) and avoid temptations.
Eat right and enjoy beauty and health!