The oil massage technique appeared several millennia ago. It was used to cure various ailments, boost immunity and just relax. The unique Ayurvedic system includes not just massage movements, but deep and thorough knowledge of the human body and soul. The impact on biologically active points makes it possible to return the lost balance of vital energy back to normal.
Indian technology for health and beauty
In India, oil massage or abhyanga is as common a daily ritual as washing or brushing your teeth. Almost no Hindu leaves the house without spending a few minutes on his physical and spiritual body.
What is the secret benefit of this procedure?
- Abhbyanga helps to get rid of stress, fatigue, depression, relax and unwind.
- It has a rejuvenating effect, due to which the skin becomes healthy and smooth, and bones and joints do not cause painful sensations even in adulthood.
- Helps fight dermatological problems.
- Improves sleep, gives peace of mind.
- Increases the body’s defenses.
There are a large number of options for oil massage, and in specialized centers you will definitely select an individual type, thoroughly studying the characteristics of the body and state of health. But you can do it at home, having previously studied the main features.
It is worth knowing that the recommendations according to which massage should be performed are quite strict. This is due to the fact that the wrong effect on biologically active points can lead to the opposite effect.
The first thing to remember is that all movements should be smooth and light clicks. Focus on the application of the oil, rather than the massage itself, as the effect of the natural remedy is the first priority in the procedure. Now let’s move on to the body parts:
- The first zone is the head. Massaging this part of the body can be part of a general procedure or a separate technique in case you need to quickly relax and get rid of emotional overload. Move your fingers horizontally and vertically, spreading the oil, paying particular attention to the ear area. Rub them gently with your palms, and then lightly press down on the area behind them.
In addition to restoring the energy balance, this massage perfectly tightens the contours of the face, and the result will be noticeable after the third session.
- Body. The largest area requiring the longest exposure. How to massage this area? First, pay attention to your hands. Start movements from the hands towards the elbow and shoulder, smoothly moving to the back. Focusing on the line of the spine, but without affecting it, make light circular movements to the sides to the pelvic area and back to the neck.
You should be very careful with your chest and abdomen, as these areas are especially sensitive. Movements should be directed from the middle to the sides. Massage your abdomen from top to bottom.
- Legs. Smoothly move from the body to the hips and legs. Movements should be made from bottom to top. That is, you first need to work out the feet, and smoothly rise up, stopping at the knees and inguinal lymph nodes. Don’t forget about the buttocks as well.
10 minutes after the procedure, you need to take a warm shower and put on a warm robe to consolidate the warming effect.
To get the desired result, you must not only remember the massage technique, but also choose the right oil:
- Coconut oil is an excellent nourishing agent that softens and moisturizes the skin. Great for the face and scalp.
- Sesame is used as a base for many massage mixtures, as it carries a large amount of vital energy.
- Olive is good for cold weather. It warms up perfectly and makes the skin more susceptible to sunlight, which is lacking in the autumn-winter period. In addition, it has a healing effect and is shown even to children.
- Sandalwood is an excellent antiseptic, helps fight colds and increases the body’s defenses.
- Wheat germ oil is great for the buttocks, thighs and abdomen. It effectively fights cellulite deposits, eliminating the “orange peel”, and also restores chapped skin in winter.
- Grape seed oil is recommended for skin prone to rashes and acne. It gently cleanses and moisturizes at the same time.
Ayurvedic massage is a great way to relax, get a boost of vitality and energy. It will not be difficult to make it yourself, and the resulting effect will certainly delight you.