It is possible to put your body in order and make it more fit and relief only with the help of training. There are a lot of different exercises, but if you want to make your stomach flat and beautiful, then by all means pay attention to the exercise “Vacuum in the stomach”.
What is this exercise?
“Vacuum in the abdomen” is a fairly popular exercise among bodybuilders, which was performed and is still performed by Arnold Schwarzenegger, famous for his steel muscles. When exactly this exercise appeared, no one knows, but most likely it came from yoga.
How is this exercise useful?
The benefits of the “vacuum in the abdomen” exercise have been proven by many. Here’s what regular exercise can help you achieve:
- You will be able to reduce your waist by burning visceral fat. Visceral fat surrounds internal organs, is harmful to health and is hardly burned during normal exercise. But this exercise will significantly reduce the amount of such fat, thereby not only making a wasp waist, but also improving the work of internal organs.
- Surely you have noticed more than once that even thin people can have a rather voluminous belly. At the same time, there is no fat on it, but it is impossible to get rid of extra centimeters. This is due to the weakening of the muscles responsible for the retraction of the abdominal wall – transverse and encircling. As a result of regular exercise, you will be able to make your tummy perfectly flat and sexy by tightening these muscles.
- The abdominal muscles are responsible not only for the beauty of the abdomen, but also for supporting the internal organs (for example, the intestines and uterus) in the correct position. And if you exercise regularly, you can avoid problems such as prolapse of internal organs, as well as hernia.
- You can improve your digestion. Together with the muscles of the abdominal wall, the muscles of the intestinal walls will also tone up, which will have the most positive effect on digestion. You will normalize the stool and forget about constipation.
- Exercise will help you noticeably improve your posture.
- “Vacuum in the stomach” will allow you to remove toxins from the body and thereby speed up the metabolism.
- With proper exercise and breathing, you will enrich all important systems, organs and tissues of the body with oxygen.
- You will gain vigor and self-confidence, which is also very, very important.
How is it done?
How to do the “Vacuum in the abdomen” exercise? To begin with, it is worth deciding on the starting position. There are several options:
- The most convenient option is lying on your back. Lie on your back, bend your legs, spread your feet shoulder-width apart and rest on the floor. The back should be straight. Hands can either be extended along the body, or bend at the elbows, spread apart, and put your palms on your stomach (so you can feel all your movements).
- You can do the exercise while standing. There are two options. First, just stand up straight with your feet shoulder-width apart and lower your arms. The second option: spread your legs shoulder-width apart, move your body forward slightly, bend your knees, set your buttocks back, and rest your hands on your knees or the front of your thighs.
- You can sit in a chair, straighten your back, and place your palms on your knees.
- Get on all fours: with bent knees and palms, rest on the floor, and round your back. Lower your head, but do not touch your chest with your chin.
- Get on your knees with your palms on your knees and round your back. The head should be slightly lowered.
Choose a position that will be most comfortable and comfortable for you, so that nothing distracts you from your breathing, and you can focus on the exercise.
Now the technique for performing the exercise:
- Take a starting position and try to relax all muscles as much as possible and not think about anything.
- Now begin to exhale slowly and empty your lungs so that they remain completely empty.
- Then begin to tighten your abdominal muscles and pull it in as much as possible. In this case, breathing should be delayed. As soon as it is no longer possible to draw in your stomach, hold this position for 10-15 seconds.
- Now take a small breath, but do not relax your abdominal muscles, but try to keep them tense for another 10-15 seconds.
- Exhale and relax your stomach. Take a few breaths in and out to catch your breath. Exhale fully again and release the air from the lungs. Start contracting your abs and pulling in your abdomen. Briskly push your stomach up (one more exhalation is not required).
The number of repetitions is not clearly defined, but to achieve results, it is recommended to perform at least 5-10 repetitions per set. Thus, the duration of one approach can be from 5 to 10 minutes, depending on the duration of the periods of breath holding.
It is advisable to do the exercise daily, or even better twice a day: in the morning on an empty stomach before breakfast (so you can start the digestive system), and also in the evening two to three hours before dinner or a couple of hours after it.
You should notice the first results after a month, but only on condition of regular training. Your belly will become more toned and more prominent. Compliance with the rules of proper nutrition will help to increase the effectiveness of classes.
If you combine such nutrition with the “Vacuum in the stomach” exercise, then in a couple of months you will become the owner of the flat and attractive tummy that every girl dreams of.
Can everyone do it?
Could such a beneficial exercise be harmful? Yes, as there are some contraindications:
- The period of pregnancy (exercise can provoke uterine tone, which in turn can lead to miscarriage or premature birth).
- Menstruation (excessive tension of the uterus can lead to increased contractile activity of its muscles and bleeding).
- Certain diseases of the digestive system, such as gastritis or duodenal or stomach ulcers.
- Diseases of the blood vessels or heart, accompanied by impaired blood circulation, dizziness or fainting, heart rhythm disturbances or lack of air.
- Diseases of the lungs.
- You should not take risks during an exacerbation of chronic diseases, as well as in case of serious infections.
A few tips:
- To begin with, you must understand how to perform the exercise, since if performed incorrectly, its benefits will be reduced to zero.
- If you find it difficult to hold your breath, take small breaths as you exercise to hold out longer.
- First, hold your breath for a few seconds (3-5), then gradually increase the time to 10-15 seconds. But do not overdo it, otherwise hypoxia (lack of oxygen) may occur.
- During the exercise “Vacuum in the abdomen”, the abdomen should be motionless.
- Start doing the exercise in front of a mirror to hone your technique.
- If you experience any unpleasant symptoms such as dizziness, flies in the eyes, difficulty breathing, shortness of breath, etc., stop exercising immediately and rest.
Do the Abdominal Vacuum exercise correctly and regularly to achieve success.