To make the tummy flat and embossed, you need to make an effort. Want to get results faster? Then get a press wheel!
What is this simulator?
The press wheel is an extremely simple but effective exercise machine. It consists of two handles with a wheel that rotates when moving along the support.
How to make a choice?
How to choose a press wheel? When buying, be guided by the following criteria:
- If you are a beginner, it is best to choose a roller with a return mechanism, which will make it easier to return to the original position and thus reduce the risk of injury.
- Number of wheels. The more there are, the easier it will be for you to keep your balance. If the roller is single, but the load on the muscles will increase.
- If you want to fully work out your legs, then choose a trainer with pedals and leg straps. Check the strength of the fasteners!
- The diameter of the wheel is also important. The smaller it is, the more effort you have to make to move.
- A roller with an offset center of gravity will increase the load and difficulty of the exercise, so it is suitable for professionals.
- A wheel with elastic cables for tensioning will significantly increase the load, since you will have to apply much more force to stretch.
- Estimate the weight. The larger it is, the more difficult it will be to deal with.
- Consider all attachments.
- The handles must be non-slip.
- Pay attention to the wheel. It should not be overly hard or slippery.
- Give preference to trusted manufacturers and shop in specialized stores or departments.
How to do it?
Abdominal Wheel Exercises:
- Get on your knees, grab the wheel with both hands by the handles and place it in front of you. Now move forward, that is, push the wheel, but gently and smoothly. Then try to return to the starting position.
- Do the previous exercise, but roll the wheel not forward, but to the sides, this will work out the lateral abdominal muscles.
- If the roller has grooves for the legs, place your feet in them, lie on your back, bend your knees and lift your pelvis and lower back. Roll the wheel back and forth, being careful not to touch the floor with your feet and buttocks.
- The first exercise can be performed from a standing position. Stand straight with your feet shoulder-width apart. Bend forward so your back and legs are straight and the wheel is on the floor. Roll it forward as far as possible, then return to the starting position.
- Sit on the floor, put your hands on the floor behind your back and roll the wheel with your feet, trying to bring them as close to the body as possible and further away. This exercise will help you work your hips and calves.
- Sit on the floor, turn the body to the right, put the wheel on the floor and roll it to the side as far as possible. Turn to the other side and repeat the exercise.
Pros and cons of classes
It’s worth starting with the merits, there are a lot of them:
- Efficiency. Despite the apparent simplicity of the simulator, it is really effective, as it allows you to provide intensive muscle work.
- Several muscle groups are being worked out at once. When performing the exercises, the back, arms, shoulders, buttocks, reeds, and abdomen are involved. So with regular training, you can get a fit, athletic and proportional body.
- The simulator is very small, so you can easily take it with you on vacation or a business trip, which will allow you to keep on exercising.
- The press roller is inexpensive. Its price usually ranges from 300-1500 rubles.
- This is a versatile exercise machine that is suitable for the whole family.
- The press roller is extremely easy to use. It does not need to be assembled, configured. He is always ready to go.
Now the cons:
- Classes with such a simulator are not suitable for beginners and physically unprepared people, since a serious load will fall on the muscles.
- Improper performance of some exercises can be dangerous for the back, as there is a risk of damage to muscles and even vertebrae. To protect yourself from such consequences, follow the training rules and do not overexert yourself.
- The exercises are not easy, and some are especially difficult.
- There are contraindications. These include various joint diseases, as well as injuries (especially back).
The rules, the observance of which will help to avoid undesirable consequences and make training more effective and enjoyable:
- If the exercises seem difficult to you, then first prepare to perform them. Pump the abs for two weeks, for example, using the body raises.
- Each lesson should be started with a warm-up, which will allow you to “warm up” and prepare your muscles. You can choose to bend, run in place, or jump.
- Start with minimal effort to avoid damaging your muscles. Then gradually increase it. In any case, do not overexert yourself, this can lead to injury.
- Make sure the exercise is done correctly. The first few workouts are best done in front of the mirror in order to immediately correct all mistakes.
- Remember to breathe properly so that your muscles receive oxygen.
- The duration of one workout should be about 20-40 minutes, but it is worth using other exercises and equipment.
- To avoid injury, ask someone to insure you for the first few workouts. An assistant can support the body and help return to the starting position.
Effective training for you!