Everyone knows that honey is a storehouse of useful substances. Its miraculous properties have been known for a long time. Most of us use honey as a delicious treat, but there is more to it than that.
Due to its easy assimilation by the body, this natural product is also used in folk medicine and cosmetology. The latter of which uses this beekeeping product for the manufacture of various masks, scrubs and massages.
In ancient Tibet, honey massage was popular as a way to make the skin silky and relieve mental and physical fatigue. Nowadays, many women who are actively watching their figure know that honey is able to rid the body of accumulated harmful substances, therefore they include this type of procedure in programs for healing and losing weight.
Massage procedures with honey – pleasure and benefit
The healing properties of honey are often used by well-known cosmetic brands, adding it to skin care products. Why are massages with this product so useful?
- Honey tends to penetrate deep into tissues, thereby saturating them with oxygen, vitamins and biologically active substances, while improving blood flow.
- Massage with honey is an excellent cleanser, so it can even be considered as a type of peeling. The skin after such procedures becomes smoother, and all the harmful substances accumulated under it come out.
- Such relaxation sessions perfectly nourish the face, body and internal organs. Even ancient healers noted that after honey procedures a person feels better, noting the absence of heaviness in the muscles and back pain. In addition, honey, which has a sorbing effect, removes excess subcutaneous fat and is actively used for weight loss.
Sweet sessions – indications and warnings
Most often, honey-based massage procedure is used in several cases:
- For the treatment of colds. This method is rarely recommended by classical doctors, but it is really effective. The warming effect of even one session will reduce coughing and improve sputum discharge.
- Treatment of problems of the musculoskeletal system. Thanks to the physical effect and deep penetration of the beneficial substances that make up honey, you can quickly relieve pain in the back and legs, thus relieving the symptoms of arthritis, arthrosis and osteochondrosis.
- Strengthening the immune system. The benefits of relaxing sessions help to cope with stress, depression and increase the body’s resistance to various viruses.
- Slimming. This is one of the most common reasons women use honey to massage their abdomen, thighs and buttocks. Active rubbing will help to cope with the “orange peel” and restore the skin to its former smoothness and elasticity.
But, despite all the advantages, there are situations when such procedures need to be treated with some caution, because honey, being an allergen, can have a number of contraindications:
- allergy to bee products;
- malignant formations and inflammatory skin diseases;
- period of pregnancy;
- chronic respiratory diseases (asthma, obstructive bronchitis);
- diabetes mellitus (there is a misconception that deep penetration of honey under the skin can worsen the condition of diabetics. But the real reason lies elsewhere: during the massage there is an increased load on the vessels, which can lead to negative consequences);
- endocrine system diseases;
The choice of honey is one of the main conditions for the desired effect.
Before starting a course of massage procedures at home, you should choose a suitable base – honey. It is better to buy it from beekeepers or from sellers, in the naturalness and quality of whose products you have no doubt.
Which honey to choose depends solely on your preferences, but the most popular are lime and floral. If you notice that the product has crystallized, do not worry, this just indicates its naturalness.
For a comfortable procedure, it is better that the base is liquid or as flexible as possible. To do this, you can heat the product in a water bath. You can also add a few drops of oil to honey – eucalyptus or lavender, and citrus oils will give a greater effect with anti-cellulite massage.
Stages of a massage session
These types of massage movements are quite simple, so you can easily handle them even at home. You just need to adhere to a few steps:
- Training. The body must be clean. Before the session, be sure to shower and cleanse your skin with a light scrub. The muscles need to be warmed up, so with circular rubbing and stroking movements, make a light self-massage without the use of oils and creams.
- Massage. Apply a warm honey mixture to the skin and rub in until it becomes thick. After that, move on to another technique – pressing and patting. The palms must be tightly glued to the massaged area and alternate sharp and smooth peeling of the hands. On problem areas – buttocks, hips, the nature of the movements can be more intense, on the rest it is better to limit yourself to light, delicate touches.
In the process of honey massage, light massaging movements will be enough for the face. This must be done within 10-12 minutes. If everything is done correctly, after a while gray-white flakes will begin to appear under your hands. By their quantity, one can judge the amount of harmful substances in the body.
A pinkish-red skin tone indicates that blood flow to problem areas has increased, and the final effect will not be long in coming.
- The final stage. Waste products – honey and excess fat, as well as harmful substances released outside, are quite toxic, so they must be washed off the body with running water. To consolidate the effect, an oil or moisturizer is applied to the skin. An excellent option would be a product based on beekeeping products, which, due to the warming effect, will help nutrients penetrate deep into the skin. After a relaxing massage, you need to rest and have a cup of green tea without sugar.
How quickly will the result appear?
For the result to be noticeable, you need to go through 10-12 procedures. It all depends on the purpose of the massage and the initial state of the problem area of application. To relieve stress, it will be enough once, and in the fight against cellulite and excess weight, a lasting effect will be observed after 15 times. It is advised to alternate honey massage with wraps, which will speed up the processes of ridding the body of harmful substances and extra centimeters.
Honey massage is a harmonious combination of benefits and pleasure, available to everyone. Modern cosmetology considers this procedure as a universal remedy for combating and preventing various age-related changes and obesity.