If you really want to lose weight, but still have not decided on the choice of a suitable diet, then pay attention to the not quite ordinary, but very effective macrobiotic.
What’s the point?
The macrobiotic diet is not a specific diet, but rather a way of life. In other words, following such a diet should help to put in order not only the body, but also the thoughts and even the soul.
The principles of macrobiotics are based on the postulates of Eastern philosophy, ancient Chinese medicine and Buddhism. According to them, all products carry a certain energy of their own, which has a direct effect on weight and on the body as a whole. So, Yin energy is expansion, and Yang energy is contraction. And in order to achieve harmony, you need to maintain a balance between Yin and Yang.
Permitted and prohibited products
So what foods can be included in the diet? Cereals, cereals, fruits, berries, vegetables, lean fish and meat, legumes, algae, nuts, seeds, herbs, sugar-free compotes, green or herbal tea, soy, seafood.
All semi-finished products, fast food and products with artificial additives, fatty meat and fish, sugar, some vegetables (for example, zucchini, potatoes and tomatoes), tropical and exotic fruits, spices and seasonings, sauces, alcohol, canned food, coffee are banned.
Features and rules for observing a macrobiotic diet:
- Choose the most natural products, and preferably produced in the area in which you live. So, it is advisable to use local fruits, berries and vegetables, and not exotic.
- Choose the right cooking methods. Cooking, braising, steaming and baking are most preferred. But the less heat treatment the products are subjected to, the better.
- Chew food very thoroughly, do at least 40-50 chewing movements.
- Do not eat in front of the TV or in front of the computer, in these cases, the food will not be able to fully assimilate.
- Try to get pleasure and pleasure from each meal and think about how it is good for your health.
- Eat when you feel real hunger.
- Don’t overeat. After eating, you should feel a little satiety.
- It is advisable to follow such a diet for no longer than one or two weeks.
- Drink plenty of fluids.
To compose your daily diet, you need to consider not only the choice of foods, but also their proportions.
- 50-60% of the daily diet should be cereals and cereals: oatmeal, brown rice, millet, barley, buckwheat, oats and so on.
- About 20-25% are vegetables, both fresh and boiled, steamed or stewed. You can also sometimes eat pickled, pickled or salted vegetables.
- Soups make up about 10% of the diet. It is advisable to eat vegetable soups, occasionally you can add fish or meat to them.
- Fruits, seeds and nuts make up about 10% of the daily diet.
- About 7% of the diet is legumes.
- Animal products and seafood should be approximately 5%.
Sample menu for the day:
- For breakfast, you can eat a plate of porridge boiled in water and a slice of rye bread with honey. Have a cup of green tea or herbal tea, but no sugar.
- For lunch, eat a bowl of vegetable soup with any cereal, a serving of rice (steamed or boiled) and a slice of Tofu soy cheese.
- Afternoon snack: pear, apple or other local fruit.
- Dinner will consist of steamed cutlets of cereals and vegetables, as well as a salad of seasonal vegetables, seasoned with a little lemon juice.
Advantages and disadvantages
Benefits of a macrobiotic diet:
- This diet will help lower blood cholesterol levels.
- A macrobiotic diet completely eliminates carcinogens, and therefore helps to reduce the risk of developing cancer.
- It is good for the cardiovascular system.
- Such a diet is very disciplined and helps to find harmony.
- It is very difficult to follow this diet, because you will have to give up the usual coffee, fermented milk and dairy products, semi-finished products, potatoes, tomatoes.
- Long-term adherence to a macrobiotic diet can lead to deficiencies in certain nutrients in the body.
- Such a diet is unlikely to be suitable for athletes and people whose professions are associated with increased physical activity.
- There are contraindications. For example, this food may not be suitable for people with certain diseases of the gastrointestinal tract.
As the reviews show, the results of the macrobiotic diet are impressive. So, in two weeks, you can reduce weight by 7-9 kilograms. In addition, some reported improvements in well-being and appearance. There was lightness throughout the body, cheerfulness. At the same time, drowsiness and fatigue, bags under the eyes, and acne disappeared.
If you decide to follow a diet, then remember the rules!