If you want to lose weight and make your body lean and beautiful, try a protein diet. But first figure out how to properly observe it.
What is this diet?
The protein diet is becoming more and more popular, many have already appreciated it, especially those who cannot live without meat. It assumes the predominance of protein foods and restriction of carbohydrate intake. According to many scientists and nutritionists, this diet allows the body to start using its own fat reserves, and this contributes to weight loss.
The body takes energy from carbohydrates, and if they do not have time to be spent, then they are deposited “in reserve”, and this is how fat deposits are formed, localized on the abdomen, hips and other problem areas. But if the intake of carbohydrates is limited, then those that are already available will begin to be consumed. And proteins are a kind of building material used to form muscle and other tissues.
According to the developers and those who have already tried the diet on themselves, in just a week you can lose from 3 to 5 kilograms of weight, the exact numbers will depend on the initial mass, as well as on the lifestyle and characteristics of the human body.
Who is it for?
A protein diet is suitable for those who cannot imagine their diet without meat, and who also live an active life and move a lot. Protein and other foods in the diet provide the body with energy and nutrients so that it does not experience severe stress, which will prevent the possibility of exhaustion.
Who is diet contraindicated?
Protein diet has contraindications, these include periods of lactation and pregnancy, as well as chronic diseases of the gastrointestinal tract, kidneys and liver, such as ulcers or gastritis, liver or kidney failure, kidney stones and others.
In addition, the diet in question is not suitable for older people and adolescents (the former have a slow metabolism, and the latter have an increased need for minerals, trace elements and vitamins). In any case, you should consult your doctor before starting the diet period.
Advantages and disadvantages
Each diet has its own characteristics, and protein is no exception. First, it’s worth listing the benefits:
- The diet is quite varied, so that acute nutritional deficiencies will not occur.
- The diet, although it implies a restriction in the consumption of many products (and some will have to be abandoned altogether) and a decrease in the size of portions, but still it cannot be called strict. A strong feeling of hunger will not arise.
- Effect. It is noticeable and pronounced, because in a week you can lose up to five kilograms of weight, and such a decrease is significant.
- If you exit the diet correctly and continue to follow the principles of dietary nutrition, then the lost weight will not return, that is, the results will persist for a long period of time.
- You will not experience a breakdown, since the menu will ensure the intake of protein in the body, and it is necessary for the proper functioning of muscles and the formation of almost all body tissues.
Disadvantages of a protein diet:
- Such a diet, namely reducing the amount of foods rich in fiber, can provoke some problems in the digestive tract, in particular constipation. So it’s important to keep an eye on your stool.
- Such a diet can be called quite expensive, because all the products included in the menu are not cheap. And for many, this disadvantage is considered significant.
- The processing of significant amounts of protein is associated with a large load on the kidneys, so problems with their functioning may arise with prolonged adherence to the diet.
How to comply?
It is quite simple to follow a diet, but it is worth remembering that it is designed for a maximum of a month, since with a longer adherence to it, the body, firstly, may begin to experience a lack of certain substances, and secondly, it will reorganize to a new regime and will store everything that comes. That is, the effect will come to naught or, as they say, “the weight will rise” and stop decreasing. And it is better to reduce the duration to two weeks. In addition, you can repeat the diet no more than two or three times a year, this will be enough.
What foods are allowed? All protein, which include low-fat fish and meat, chicken eggs, low-fat dairy products (especially cottage cheese), seafood. Also on the list of permitted foods is tofu cheese.
As for prohibited foods, they include almost all carbohydrate and fatty ones: legumes, sweet berries and fruits, starchy vegetables (potatoes), sweets, flour, fatty meat or fish, lard, butter, as well as smoked, salted, semi-finished products, etc. fast food.
Sample menu for the day:
- Breakfast: protein omelet (spinach can be added).
- Second breakfast: oatmeal cooked in skim milk.
- Lunch: veal soup with non-starchy vegetables.
- Afternoon snack: a portion of low-fat cottage cheese, one apple (you can bake).
- Dinner: 150 grams of boiled breast, vegetable salad (you can add a small amount of vegetable oil).
- At night, it is allowed to drink a glass of kefir.
A weekly menu might look something like this:
- Monday: for breakfast, eat a slice of low-fat cheese with bread, for lunch two boiled eggs, for lunch fish soup with cod and vegetables, for dinner boiled beef and vegetables.
- Tuesday: breakfast can consist of oatmeal boiled in water, lunch – from cottage cheese with berries, lunch – from chicken broth, boiled chicken and stew, afternoon snack – from an apple or other fruit, and dinner – from steamed fish and vegetables.
- Wednesday: breakfast is a cottage cheese casserole with apples, a second breakfast is an omelet, lunch is a vegetable soup with veal, an afternoon snack is berries, dinner is a turkey with vegetables.
- Thursday: breakfast consists of an omelet with tomatoes, a second breakfast – from cottage cheese, lunch – from beef with buckwheat, afternoon snack – from a baked apple, and dinner – from baked fish and cucumber.
- Friday: breakfast – two boiled eggs, second breakfast – apple baked with cinnamon, lunch – stewed cabbage with meat, afternoon tea – cottage cheese, dinner – fish baked in foil with spices (trout, cod).
- Saturday: for breakfast, eat cheese with a piece of stale brown bread, for lunch – an apple and an avocado, for lunch – asparagus with baked pink salmon, for an afternoon snack – an omelet, for dinner – chicken breast with tomato.
- Sunday: breakfast consists of an apple and cottage cheese casserole with vanilla, a second breakfast – from boiled eggs, lunch – from boiled beef and stewed vegetables, an afternoon snack – from berries, dinner – from turkey and cucumber.
Here are some tips to make a protein diet even more beneficial for weight loss:
- Do not forget about the correct drinking regime: a day you need to consume at least one and a half to two liters of water, moreover, non-carbonated and clean. Some of the total volume of liquid can be replaced with herbal teas.
- To speed up the process and improve the results, you can additionally go in for sports, the more the protein will provide a full-fledged study of the muscles and will make the body more prominent and fit. But you should not overdo it, intense loads can provoke exhaustion.
- If you are going to follow a diet for more than two weeks, then it is advisable to take a complex vitamin preparation in order to avoid a lack of nutrients.
Follow a protein diet correctly to lose weight without harm to your health!