If you love watermelons, then you probably know that they are not only tasty, but also healthy for the figure, because they have very few calories. And that’s why nutritionists have developed a unique watermelon diet. But is she really that good?
The essence of the diet
The essence of the watermelon diet is extremely simple, it involves the use of watermelon as the main, and often the only product. The weight loss effect is due to the extremely low calorie content, and the popularity is due to its excellent taste.
How to Diet?
There are two main dietary choices:
- The first is tough, since it involves the use of only watermelon, but its quantity is practically unlimited, because for every 10 kilograms of body weight there should be a kilogram of pulp. It is also allowed to drink water or green tea, but this is unlikely to be required, because watermelon is mostly liquid. This mono-diet is designed for no more than five to seven days, but it is advisable to reduce its duration to three. For such a period, you can lose from 2 to 5-7 kilograms.
- The second option is more gentle, since in addition to watermelon, it is allowed to eat two slices of rye bread made from wholemeal flour or whole grain per day. The duration can be extended up to ten days.
Advice: in order to maintain the achieved effect, you should leave the diet gradually and correctly. So, it is advisable to eat mainly berries, vegetables and fruits in the first few days, and then add boiled breast, eggs, low-fat fish to them. And it is better to adhere to the principles of dietary and healthy nutrition in the future, then the weight will not increase.
Advantages and disadvantages
The watermelon diet for weight loss has both advantages and disadvantages. Its advantages:
- High efficiency. You can lose up to 7 kilograms of weight, and in a short period of time. This is a great option for those who want to lose weight quickly and simply for some important event.
- Watermelon is very healthy. So, it contains calcium, sodium, iron, potassium, fructose, lycopene, B vitamins, as well as C, E, A, carbohydrates and other useful and nutrients. But the calorie content with such a rich composition is only 25-30 calories per hundred grams.
- Watermelon helps to remove excess fluid from the body, and sometimes it is its excess that increases body weight.
- Such a diet is fairly easy to tolerate. Firstly, the pulp is very satisfying, it literally fills the entire volume of the stomach, which helps to feel full and not hungry. Secondly, watermelon is sweet, and this taste improves mood and gives gastronomic pleasure, as well as “deceives” the brain, and it receives a signal about the supply of glucose, that is, it feels satisfaction and a surge of energy. Thirdly, watermelon is just delicious!
- Watermelon perfectly cleanses the body of toxins and toxins, normalizes the functioning of the digestive tract and relieves constipation.
- The diet is not suitable for long-term adherence; rather, it is an emergency option.
- Since watermelon has a pronounced diuretic effect, the diet is not suitable for diseases of the excretory system, in particular of the kidneys. A heavy load will fall on them, which they may not be able to withstand.
- Contraindicated in lactating women and pregnant women.
- While following the diet, weakness and dizziness may occur. But such symptoms are observed with many mono-diets.
- If, after the end of the diet, you start to eat in the usual way, then all the lost kilograms can return again.
A few helpful tips:
- Choose only ripe and high-quality watermelons, purchase them during the ripening season. And also trust only domestic suppliers and prefer the goods of local farmers.
- Do not burden the body with physical exercises, especially difficult ones. Physical activity is allowed, but it should be in moderation, otherwise you can bring yourself to exhaustion.
- If you are feeling unwell, the watermelon diet may not be right for you.
- Do not increase the duration of the diet, it is harmful and dangerous!
Let the watermelon diet help you lose weight and feel light.