Everyone knows that in order to lose weight, you need to limit the amount of food you eat. Is it worth abandoning it altogether? And how to do it correctly, without harm to health? Try cascading fasting. It can be safe and even useful.
What it is?
Cascade fasting is a cyclical alternation of the so-called hunger days and plant foods, in which only plant foods are consumed. The number of both those and those is gradually increasing, and that is why fasting is called cascading.
How to starve properly?
There are several schemes of cascade fasting.
The small cascade is the easiest program, therefore it is suitable for beginners and for those who, for some reason, cannot go without food and water for a long time. This scheme assumes the alternation of vegetable and hungry days for two weeks.
A complete (long) cascade is carried out as follows:
- The first cycle: one day you need to starve, one – eat plant foods.
- Second cycle: two days of fasting, two days of eating plant-based foods:
- Third cycle: starve for three days, and include only plant foods in the diet for three days.
- The fourth cycle includes 4 hungry days and the same number of plant days.
- The fifth cycle consists of five fasting days and five vegetable days.
- Fasting day, two days of plant foods.
- Two days of hunger and three days of plant nutrition.
- Three days of hunger, four days of plant foods.
- Hunger is practiced for four days, and plant foods are included in the diet for five days.
- Five days of hunger and exit.
For fasting to be effective, follow these guidelines:
- The concept of “hungry day” means a complete refusal not only from food, but also from any liquids, that is, it is not allowed to eat or drink. It is difficult, but this is what allows you to achieve maximum results.
- On plant days, you can only eat raw fruits and vegetables. But in some sources there is information that other products are allowed (dairy and sour milk, cereals and even fish and meat), but light ones. Although the first option would be more correct.
- Pay special attention to getting out of fasting. It should be gradual so that the body does not experience stress from the abundance of food after a complete lack of it. In the early days, eat only light food, for example, low-fat broths, vegetables, fruits, cereals on the water, kefir.
- Do not break the scheme, do not change hungry days with plants, and do not change the length of the cycles.
Advantages and disadvantages
To begin with, it is worth listing the benefits of cascade fasting:
- There is a complete cleansing of the body from toxins, harmful substances and toxins.
- Excess fluid is removed.
- You will feel lightness and vigor, your health will improve.
- All systems and organs will start to work better.
- Cascade fasting is effective for weight loss.
- You will increase your physical and mental performance.
- You won’t spend a lot of money.
- The work of the nervous system is normalized.
- This is a great willpower workout.
- There are contraindications.
- It is very difficult.
- Cascade fasting isn’t for everyone.
Can everyone do this?
Cascade fasting is not suitable for everyone, which is associated with contraindications. These include severe liver and kidney diseases, stomach or duodenal ulcers, gastritis, endocrine disorders (for example, diabetes mellitus), periods of lactation and pregnancy, liver cirrhosis, hepatitis, acute infections, underweight, anemia, vitamin deficiency and some other conditions and disease.
Finally, some useful tips for those who decide to try fasting:
- During the fasting period, symptoms such as headaches, weakness, dizziness, and so on may occur. This is normal, but if the condition worsens, then you should not overload your body. Probably, such an extreme method of losing weight is not suitable for you.
- If it is difficult for you to do without liquid, or you have any diseases associated with the need to drink often and a lot (for example, constipation, kidney stones, and so on), then you can sit on the water on hungry days. Although the effect of this is likely to diminish.
- You can combine cascading fasting with exercise, but not exhausting.
- Reduce the cascade if you are not confident in your abilities.
- Before fasting, be sure to consult your doctor.
- It is advisable to prepare the body in advance. To do this, two weeks before fasting, start eating properly. Include light food in the diet, give up meat, flour, fatty, sweet, salty, pickled, smoked, canned food, fast food, semi-finished products. Try to limit your fluid intake.
If you are ready, then see your doctor and start fasting to cleanse your body and lose weight.